Following the latest government advice we have now closed the clubhouse, toilets and locker rooms, golf course and driving range with immediate effect until further notice.
We will continue to keep this page updated with the latest news.
In light of the latest government update onCOVID-19, we have updated the prevoius statement issued by the club on 20th March 2020: –
Please note the Golf Course is still OPEN, but the CLUBHOUSE AND BAR ARE NOW CLOSED.
We still welcome members and visitors to St Austell Golf Club for social and reciprocal golf and there will be a limited take-away service on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Inline with the PGA, R&A, GCMA, BIGGA, and further updates yesterday from England Golf, with immediate effect:-
Golfers suffering from or showing symptoms of the COVID-19 infection must self-isolate and stay away from their golf club. The length of time spent in self-isolation should be in line with government recommendations
Vulnerable groups or those with underlying health issues should heed government advice to self-isolate
– The course remains open
– The Clubhouse & Bar areas are CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
– A limited take-away-service of pasties, bacon baps, sandwiches etc.. has been arranged for Tuesdays and Saturdays, however this will be reviewed on a daily basis.
– Locker Rooms, Toilets and Pro Shop remain open
– All club competitions, matches remain open
– Opens competitions are suspended until May, with a review at the end of April.
– We will endeavour to re-schedule any cancelled opens later in the year.
– All Club functions, parties are cancelled until further notice
– Generally you must maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other members, visitors or staff throughout the club
On the course :-
– All water fountains are switched off
– We recommend only 1 person per buggy
– Ball washers are not to be used and have been covered
– The air pipe shoe cleaners have been turned off and removed
– Bunkers – see temporary competition conditions
– Do not remove flags on the green, leave them in the hole
– Retrieve your ball from the hole with your gloved hand
– Score cards – see temporary competition conditions
– In a 3 or 4 ball, 1 person to mark the scorecards
– Do not shake hands
– Walk at least 2 metres apart
Driving Range :-
– Wash hands before going to the range
– Wear gloves to put cash in the ball machine
– Bring the correct cash or
– Buy cards from the Pro Shop
– Wash hands after using the range
REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS REGULARLY
– When you arrive at work or at home
– Before and After playing golf
– before and After using the Driving Range
– Before you enter the clubhouse
– Before you eat or handle food
– After you blow your nose, cough or sneeze
YOU SHOULD WASH YOUR HANDS FOR 20 SECONDS, USING SOAP AND WATER OR HAND SANITISER.
Stay Safe and enjoy your golf.
Management Committee – St Austell Golf Club – Updated 23rd March 2020
– Sign up for an email to get auto updates from www.gov.com